Ultimate Sport, In Timeless Styling
At the turn of the 20th century Suzuki surprised the world by introducing the Hayabusa. Over the last decade, the motorcycle has evolved while staying true to its concept – the pinnacle of high-performance motorcycles. Its sensational power, speed, smooth ride and overwhelming presence continue to fascinate owners and onlookers alike. Because the Hayabusa is, and always will be, the ultimate sport bike.
- 1340cm3 in-line 4-cylinder fuel-injected, liquid-cooled DOHC engine built to deliver a broad wave of torque for effortless acceleration.
- Suzuki Composite Electrochemical Material (SCEM) cylinder plating improves heat transfer, durability and ring seal.
- Suzuki Clutch Assist System (SCAS) serves as back-torque-limiting system for smooth downshifts and also contributes to a light clutch pull.
- Optimized 6-speed transmission; oil spray to the 4th, 5th and 6th gears reduce wear and mechanical noise during highway cruising.
- Suzuki’s advanced fuel-injection system with tapered, 44mm double-barrel Suzuki Dual Throttle Valve (SDTV) induction improves combustion e¬ciency and makes throttle response feel more natural.
- Two 12-hole fine-spray injectors on each throttle body improve fuel atomization for better combustion efficiency and while reducing fuel consumption.
- Idle Speed Control (ISC) system improves cold starting and helps maintain stable engine idle under various conditions.
- Suzuki Pulsed-secondary AIR-injection (PAIR) system ignites unburned hydrocarbons (HC) and reduces carbon monoxide (CO) emissions.
- Suzuki Drive Mode Selector (S-DMS) lets riders select engine settings to match preferences or riding conditions.
- Advanced aerodynamics offering superb wind protection both for normal and completely tucked-in seating positions.
- KYB inverted cartridge forks feature Diamond-Like Carbon (DLC) coating on the 43mm stanchion tubes to reduce friction and improve reaction to small surface irregularities.
- The front forks and the single rear shock absorber both have fully adjustable spring preload, compression and rebound damping. 3-spoke cast-aluminum-alloy wheels shod with 120/70ZR17M/C (58W) front and 190/50ZR17M/C (73W) rear radial tires.
- The standard equipment Antilock Brake System (ABS)* unit features a lightweight, compact design. The ABS enhances brake performance by helping prevent, to a certain extent, wheel locking due to changes in road conditions or excessive braking, by matching stopping power to available traction.
- 310mm (12.2 in) dual-floating-discs mated with the radial-mount Brembomonobloc front brake calipers. The calipers are lighter and more rigid than conventional bolt-together callipers, deliver better feedback, and are fitted with larger pistons that increase initial bite for greater controllability. The hollow-type mounting bolts further reduce weight.
- Four analog gauges including step-motor-driven tachometer and speedometer. Round LCD panel includes clock, gear position indicator, S-DMS map indicator, odometer and dual trip meters.
- Engine-rpm indicator, programmable to blink or stay on between 4,000 and 11,500 rpm.